The AquaFX Piggyback Membrane Kit is the perfect way to increase the efficiency and production of your system. Whether you're trying to increase the gallons per day (GPD) or just produce less waste water. This kit can add an additional 100 GPD to your pure water output. This Piggy Back Membrane kit is the best way to increase your production while lowering your waste water ratio. You will have the option to set your Piggyback kit up in one of two ways discussed below - (check out our YouTube video for help with installation)
1) In Series - This method will reduce the overall waste water ratio of the unit. You will supply your new RO Membrane with the waste water from the previous RO membrane, so you have 2 RO membranes producing product water, but only one RO membrane creating waste water. Because you lose roughly 10 psi across any RO membrane element, you MUST HAVE at least 55 psi at the feed of the first RO membrane. If your system is 200 GPD, you can still add a third RO membrane to achieve 300 GPD.
2) In Parallel - In this configuration you will be feeding each membrane at the same time. You can add up to 3 RO membranes, for a maximum total of 300 GPD. Anything larger than 300 GPD requires larger tube and quickly becomes a commercial system like the AquaFX Blue Marlin.
Parts Included with the AquaFX Piggy Back Membrane Kit -
- AquaFX TFC RO Membrane (Select the GPD thats right for you on the drop down menu)
- RO Membrane Hosing
- 2 x RO Membrane Mounting Clips (Clips Mount to other RO membrane)
- 3 x Quick Connect 1/4 T fittings
- GPD Matching Flow Restrictor
- All 1/4" Quick Connect Fittings for Membrane housing
- Additional RO tubing
Recommended Feed Conditions when running the kit in Parallel
- Ensure the feed PSI into the RO system is no less than 55 psi
- Inlet Temp 77 def F - (Colder water will result in slower production performance)
- Consider using an AquaFX RO Booster pump to increase production and RO membrane rejection
- Use softened water when available to minimize scaling on the RO membrane
AquaFX does offer 150 GPD RO membranes, however after years of testing we have found that the necessity for having a higher feed pressure (on 150 GPD Membranes) often causes inconvenience to the customers.